Easter. That one holiday that is on a Sunday sometime in April. I thought I had plenty of time to get my Easter game on but I was so wrong when I looked at my calendar and discovered Easter falls on the very first day of April. If you’re like me and cramming for last minute treat ideas that will be possible with bare shelves and easy to make in a pinch then I’ve got you covered!
This recipe is so cute and little kids will love having their own piece of Peter Rabbit’s Garden!
For this easy dirt cake recipe that I made in my 9X6 Crate & Barrel Dish:
1 package of instant chocolate pudding (plus milk to make the pudding)
2 sleeves of Oreos
1 bag of gummy worms
1/2 bag orange candy melts (you can buy them at Joanns, Micheals, Walmart)
1/2 bag green candy melts
1 sheet of parchment paper
Step 1: make the carrots and their tops.
-Melt the chocolate according to the directions. Make the tops first because you’ll need them to be ready when the “carrots” begin to harden. Do this on the parchment paper because they will be easy to pick up from the paper.
– I did the tops two different ways and made a TON of them that way if any broke or there were some I didn’t like that I had more than enough to go around.
– For the carrots I did circles and then filled in and then at the top made it roll out so it looked more like a carrot head.
– As the carrots begin to harden add the tops to them. DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS! If you do then the carrots will be too hard to put the chocolate in.
Step 2: Make the pudding.
-Make the pudding according to the instant directions and then place in fridge.
Step 3: Crush Oreos.
-While you are waiting for the pudding to chill and the carrots to be completely hardened crush your Oreos.
-I took a butter knife and scraped off the cream and then put them in a freezer quart ziploc bag. I then took the handle of the butter knife and broke it down into smaller pieces.
Once you are ready to serve (do not make this hours before serving or else you will have soggy Oreos)
Step 4: Pour pudding into the baking dish.
Step 5: Place gummy worms in the pudding.
Step 6: Add Oreo dirt.
Step 7: Place carrots on top.
Serve & Enjoy!
You could also add jelly beans for “Easter Eggs” and have a marshmallow bunny if you wanted.
2. Pretzel Flowers:
So So Easy to make and little fingers will love helping you with this!
1 bag of Snap Pretzels (the square shaped ones)
1 bag of M&Ms (I bought the 5lb bag because we will be using these for other Easter festivities)
1 bag of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melts
3.Easter Egg Rice Krispy Treats:
Another quick and easy recipe that looks festive and can be made at the last minute without needing any Easter candy.
6 cups of Rice Krispy Cereal (1 box should do it give you 6 cups and then some!)
1 bag marshmallows (or 40oz or 4 cups)
3 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup sprinkles
4. Easy Fruit Salad:
This salad can serve four people, or one if you’re like me and love a good fruit salad! It is so delicious that its usually gone first!
1 Can of Fruit Cocktail
1 small thing of yogurt (choose whatever flavor your like best)
1 bag of Kraft Mini Marshmallows (any marshmallows will do but for this Spring salad I used their fruit ones (when in a pinch I have even cut up the big marshmallows to go into the salad).
1. Drain the juice from the can of fruit cocktail. You will want to get as much juice out as you can because you don’t want it to be runny.
2. Pour the drained fruit cocktail and the small thing of yogurt into a serving bowl. Stir.
3. If you’re ready to eat the salad now then add the marshmallows. Otherwise, wait until you are ready to serve. Now you can pour in as much or as little as you want. If you have more people coming and you feel you didn’t make enough or you have kiddos digging in then add some more. Otherwise about 1/4 of the bag should do it.
*Tips: Need this salad to go a little further? Try adding a cut banana or cut strawberries or whole blueberries to the mix!*
5. Robin Egg Easter Cake:
For this Robin Egg Cake you will need:
(1) box Funfetti Cake Mix (plus the ingredients needed to make the cake)
(2) 6in Round Cake Pans (you will need to hurry and wash one so you can reuse it for the third layer)
(1) can of white frosting
(1) bag Robin Eggs
Robin Egg Easter Cake:
Peter Rabbits Garden:
Rice Krispy Eggs:
Jessica is a wife and mom of two girls living in Arizona.